With the season finale of Orphan Black airing tonight, it seems somehow appropriate to say there are some days – make that many days – I wish I had a clone.
The past month or so I’ve happily been very busy with work (including a rush article this week that went from pitch to final copy in seven hours, and the interviewee wasn’t available for the first three of those hours). During weeks like this what little free time I do have is typically spent catching up on not-so-fun stuff like cleaning – and yard work whenever the weather permits.
Ever notice how the busier you are the more craft/DIY projects you suddenly want to do?
It’s probably a form of escapism to picture ourselves working on creative endeavors. After all, who wouldn’t prefer to spend two hours focused on a fun project than toiling away at their day job?
Here are a few projects on my want-to-do list. Stay tuned to see if I actually get around to any of them:
- Turn old pop cans into tags for my hostas and heirloom tomatoes
- Take pile of old t-shirts and turn them into t-shirt yarn
- Make something from said t-shirt yarn
- Crochet more hexagons for the would-be bedspread while berating myself for choosing to make the pieces so small that I’ll hate piecing them together one day
- Piece together these odd-sized bits I made as a kid when learning to knit, and turn them into the knitted version of a crazy quilt
I can’t be the only person who dreams up new project ideas at the opportune times. So what’s on your Want-To-Do List?